24 October 2023

So it's been ten years....

 ...since I last posted here. But I'm still Mimi. Zizi is still Zizi. And we're still performing. Together, separately, and with other people. Google is harassing me to delete stuff or buy more storage (if it were a one-time thing, I might, but it's a monthly subscription, so nah). I've found a lot of photos, and remembered, Oh, yeah, I still have that blog. The one for pictures. I might explain the new photos, but there's an equal possibility that following this post, it will just be a giant photo dump. 

This is Mimi and Zizi performing outside the Cirque du Soleil tent at National Harbor for the opening of a show (don't know which one) in 2008, November, which is why we are so bundled up in the second shot. We performed outside the tent as guests arrived, and then finished our set doing walkaround inside maybe the VIP special tent? I think that's what it was. 

Our friend Michael Horne showed up as a guest, so it was either he or his dear husband who took these shots. I wonder what became of the silk toppers we have draped over our shoulders. I got them at Pier 1 for the gig; our alpaca / pashmina wraps were so plain. We both still have (and wear) the wraps AND the knit mitts you see in the horizontal photo. 

After walkaround inside the tent, we un-mime-ified and were allowed to sneak in the back of the audience to watch the rest of the show. I don't remember if we did. We may have decided to load out and not get caught in exiting traffic. That sounds more likely, actually.




November, 2008! I wore those very pants two days ago! AND the alpaca wrap!

No comments: